Sunday, August 2, 2009

Derrick Mason Returns



After announcing his retirement a few weeks ago Derrick Mason has return to lead the Baltimore Raven's receiving core. Mason met with the Raven's brass on Saturday to talk it over and later in the day it was announced that he would be in camp on Sunday.

The 12 year veteran unexpectedly retired less than a week after his former teammate and close friend Steve McNair was murdered over the July 4th weekend. In a statement released yesterday Mason said "It was a tough decision, but I think it was a good decision for me to come back," Mason said in a statement. "I needed to evaluate my life, football and my career." Which is was expected after losing a close and dear friend. We all are happy to see him come back to continue doing what puts a smile on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment